- 1 kg boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp chana dal (lentils)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dry red chilli peppers
- 0.5 tsp of dry coriander seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric powder
- 1/8 cup grated coconut
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (fresh)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup hot water
- salt to taste
- green coriander as a garnish
Heat oil and add chana dal, coriander and cumin seeds, and dry chili peppers. Roast for few minutes on medium heat.Add coconut, garlic and ginger paste and cook for an another 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and grind the spices to a paste.Now saute onions in oil till golden brown.
Add spice paste and saute for another two minutes
Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper and turmeric, then chicken cubes. Cook till oil comes out.
Add water and cover. cook on low heat 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh green coriander and green chillies.