- 3 ripe bananas (medium sized)
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour (150g)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (30g)
- 3/4 cup sugar (150g)
- 1/4 tsp. coffee powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup melted butter (75g)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts (approximately 30g)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (around 30 to 40g)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
Sift flour with cocoa and coffee powder.
Place the chopped nuts and chocolate chips with 1 tbsp. flour (to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake) and set aside.
Peel bananas and mash them with a fork in a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix. Add egg, sugar and vanilla essence. Sprinkle salt, baking soda and baking powder over the mixture and stir them in. Add flour, walnuts and chocolate chips in the end and mix well.
Pour into greased pan and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.