- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt (optional)
You will also need:
- Ice-cream scoop (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 x 12-hole muffin tins, lined with paper cases
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line two muffin trays with 12 cupcake cases or bake in batches of 12 using one muffin tray.
- Start by beating sugar and butter in a bowl using a wooden spoon or electric whisk. Beat till soft and fluffy. Add flour, eggs, milk, and salt and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Use a traditional-style ice-cream scoop, or spoon, to divide the mixture between all the paper cases making sure to get an even amount of mixture in each.
- Place both muffin tins in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then swap over the position of the tins over and bake for a further 3-7 minutes, until both trays of cupcakes are a light golden colour.
- Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Once completely cooled, the cupcakes can be decorated the way u want .